How to make a self-hosted WordPress blog dofollow? There are many articles out there on the Internet talking about it. Basically a dofollow blog is a blog that will give you link juice when you comment on it. Search engines will follow your link back to your blog. Each link will be counted as a vote. The more votes you have the better.
The following plugins can help you enable dofollow attribute. Some of them allow you to manually turn it on or off. If this is what you want to do, then check them out through this link: DoFollow Plugins
For me, I prefer to make my self-hosted WordPress blog dofollow without a plugin because too many plugins will slow down my blog. Speed matters nowadays. If you like to change nofollow attribute to be dofollow attribute without a plugin, then these steps will help:
- Sign in your hosting cPanel or use FTP as I do
- Access this file through File Manager in cPanel
- It should lead you to public_html/
- Then locate this file as /wp-includes/comment-template.php
- Before you make any changes to comment-template.php, save a backup of it first
- Next hold Ctrl and hit F at the same time to bring up a search bar.
- Copy and paste the following code in the search box to find it:
"<a href='$url' rel='external nofollow' class='url'>$author</a>"
Change the above code to be the follow code:
"<a href='$url' rel='external' class='url'>$author</a>"
You can see the differences in red.
- Last make sure you save your file
Would you like to change your nofollow blog to be dofollow blog? Tell us why or why not in our comment section.
|$0.99 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Wednesday Jul-23-2014 7:48:52 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $17.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list
[Debt Credit Finances Loan] Niche In Demand Turnkey Affiliate Website Blog PLR
|$0.99 (1 Bid)|
End Date: Wednesday Jul-23-2014 7:49:34 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list