If you search in Google or Yahoo about Search Engine Optimization tips, there are countless information out there. Optimizing your website is a must if you want to do good about it. Here I want to talk about how to optimize your WordPress blog for search engines. There are ten important things you need to know if you want the search engines to find your blog.
- Use Head Meta Description – This plugin here automatically creates a dynamic header description for your blog. So make sure you get it.
- Use SEO Title tag – Title tags are the most important factors for on-page optimization. With this useful plugin, your blog will work like a charm.
- Use permalinks – It is very important that you use permalinks so that other bloggers can use them to refer to your posts. My blog only uses %postname% and it is so far so good. Some people like to include /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ and it is fine too.
- Make sure your title is in front of url – Suppose you title looks like this: WordPress >> Free SEO Tips for WordPress. You don’t want that. Instead you want this: Free SEO Tips for WordPress<<WordPress because your want the search engines to read your post title first instead of read your blog title first.
- Use tags – Download this useful tool here. They are not only allow search engines to crawl your site efficiently but also create specific pages for your tag/keywords.
- Put keywords in your title – Keywords are very important words about your blog so make sure you place some keywords in your title.
- Use ping service – If you use WordPress software, your default ping service is provided already. I just leave the way it is. Ping service will notify your related sites that you have just posted your blog.
- Use Google Sitemaps – Google Sitemap will help index your blog. It will also analyze your blog. If anything is wrong, it will show it to you so that you can fix your problems right away.
- Use WordPress robots.txt for your blog – A robots.txt not only helps your blog rank higher in search engines but also increase your blog traffic as well.
- Tag related posts together – It helps to link related posts together. It also helps your visitors to learn other relevant information to a specific topic. Besides it allows search engines to crawl deeper to your blog.
Update 7/21/2008: For tip 1 & 2 & 4, now you can replace them with All in One SEO Pack. For more information, read this post: All in One SEO Pack for Your WordPress Blog?
End Date: Friday May-22-2015 13:35:25 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $21.62
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
Web Marketing For Dummies 2nd Edition *New*
|$0.99 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Friday May-22-2015 14:14:04 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list